Food at Vile Parle

Mumbai is a hub for cultural activities throughout the year. One of the places that stands out for food and culture is Vile Parle.

Initially, Vile Parle was known to house the first Parle-G biscuit factory. Later, the place gained recognition for its Marathi and Gujarati population. And when it comes to Gujarati food, my mouth starts watering!

When I used to live in Mumbai, I was exposed to the wonderful world of Gujarati food. And one of my favorite memories was in 2010. On our way back from the dentist, my mother and I stumbled upon a tiny Mittaiwala. Although I don't remember the name of the shop, the Khandvi and Jalebi were to die for! The sour and spicy taste of the Khandvi paired with the sweet Jalebi were a match made in heaven.

Parla is also a hangout spot for college students who after their shift go over to multiple food stalls to have chat or to have a meal.

Though Vile Parle mainly serves street, people visiting must eat there because, if you haven't eat at Vile Parle, you haven't lived! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marine Drive- Mumbai

Birla temple - Kolkata

The small steps to success